Monday 17 February 2014

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm

Hey Guys!

The other week when I was in Plymouth, I had a cheeky stop in boots as I had run out of my Max Factor 3 in 1 foundation. Whilst I was in there I spotted the new matte version of the Revlon Kissable Lip Stains. I loved the original and have about five of them, so I was excited when I heard that they were bringing out a matte version as I love matte lip colours. 

I picked up two colours, Striking Spectaculaire (top) and Elusive Insaisissable (bottom) try saying that one quickly ha! I did use these before I had chance to photograph them, so excuse the slightly used look.


I love how these lipsticks are packaged as a jumbo pencil, it makes them super easy to apply on the go without fiddling about. This is especially helpful with the red shade as I always use a lip brush to apply red lipstick, but this one you can just draw on. The formula is creamy and moisturising, despite the matte finish. They also have the mint scent that the original formula has. My only complaint is that the matte packaging scratches slightly where you take the cap on/off, but this is only cosmetic and hardly a problem.



These are both day time and night time colours for me, but I especially love the more nude pink colour, it looks great for the summer. The red shade is more of an orange red, which also gives a nice pop of colour to any look without being too overbearing.

Overall, at £7.99 (and at boots cosmetics are basically always 3 for 2) these are great value as you get a lot of product for your money and the formula is really pigmented. I love these style of lip products and probably own far too many already, but can see myself buying a lot more of these.

Have you tried these? What did you think?

Hayley
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment