Tuesday 11 February 2014

MAC Viva Glam Rihanna

Hey Guys!

When I got the email from MAC saying that the new Viva Glam lipstick had been released, I immediately got on to the MAC website and ordered mine. It arrived today and before I could try it out, I had to take pictures so that I could write this blog post. 

This is the second collaboration between Rihanna and MAC, the first being her rose gold packaged collection last year. As a massive fan of the RiRi Woo lipstick I got from that collection, I was excited to try her new lipstick shade. And as a red lipstick hoarder, I was keen to add this one to my collection.


I really like the packaging of this lipstick as its a slightly textured, soft feeling material. It really reminds me of the original Diesel perfume I had when I was a teenager. 


The colour itself is a deep blue-red, the kind I prefer to wear as it suits my pale skin tone more and the blue undertone makes your teeth look whiter, and who doesn't want that? 


The formula also has a very fine sparkle to it which isn't something I usually have in red lipsticks, preferring matte or flat colours. I like the look and feel of this on as it is moisturising and comfortable on the lips. This lipstick can be worn straight from the tube for a dramatic look or applied with a lip brush for a more subtle stain effect. It also has the classic MAC vanilla scent, which smells amazing whilst it's on your lips. With darker MAC lipsticks, I find that the staying power is very good which is a bonus if you aren't always able to reapply your lipstick during the day.

Hope you enjoyed this post, what do you think of the new Rihanna-MAC collaboration?

Hayley
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment