Monday 9 January 2012

VERY small MAC haul

Hey guys!
So today I got my student loan so I went to MAC as a treat. I had run out of my MAC prep + Prime face primer and my foundation was running seriously low. 
I went in and asked the lady what shade I would be in the MAC studio fix fluid as I already use the revlon colorstay and heard that the two were quite similar. She tried out a few on my face and said that I should use the NC20 shade. She also added in the pump you have to buy seperately without asking me, I naively thought I was getting it for free but obviously not. Oh well. 


When I got them home I tried out the foundation and found that it was a little thicker than the Revlon colorstay and that it blended in very well. Also the finish is a lot less shiny than the Colorstay and the finish almost meant that I didn't have to put powder on because I prefer a matte finish and don't like having a shiny face. I still put some on, mostly where I had applied concealer and my t-zone. 


Then I compared the shades between the MAC NC20 and Colorstay Buff and the difference is obvious:


However both seem to match my skin tone (admittedly I haven't worn the mac outdoors yet so that will be the test) I'm not sure whether a nc15 would have suited me better. But oh well, I've been wanting to try this foundation for ages and couldn't wait to get it when my other ran out after hearing so many good things about it.


I'll probably do another post when I've been using it for a while or put an edit on this post to say how I've been getting on with it. 


The only other things I bought today was some of the Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly shampoo, because since I started using the Lee Stafford shampoo, my scalp's been very sore and dandruff-y. So I've replaced that but I forgot while I was in Boots that I'd run out of conditioner -.- haha
I also bought some John Frieda Precision Foam Colour in the shade 10N because my hair has been getting darker over winter and my extensions aren't blending as well any more :( 


No comments:

Post a Comment