Monday 20 February 2012

February Glossybox!

Hey Guys!


So I got my Glossybox this morning, I was watching for the postman all morning and when he came down the street I watched him until he came to my house. Now I cheated (as I generally do) and I went onto the Glossybox page and looked at what everyone who had already got theirs had said. Some were very happy and others were outraged, apparantly there was an £18 difference in alue between the boxes, with one having a full sized product worth £20 and others having their full sized product worth £1.99. Now you can guess which one I got, I always seem to get the worst box they send out, I think they have it in for me haha.


But without firther ado, this is my box:
 So this is my box, the little purple bottle is the 'full sized' product worth £1.99. Woo! 
 I'm going to type out what's written on the card and then say what I think about each item, I haven't really tried them out, I'm just going on first impressions, so here we go!


1. DuWop Venom Gloss-Combining subtle tinted lip gloss with DuWops lip venom to create venom gloss (what a stupid blurb...).
This is supposed to make your lips tingle, and it does, but I'm not sure if its the most comfortable feeling in the world, it feels rather similar to when I've bitten my lips too much. But it smells like fireballs (the sweets if you know what I'm talking about. Okay, so I put it on when I wrote that its supposed to tingle and I feel like wiping it off. It's a shame because its a nice golden peach colour. I think its cinnamon that makes it tingle...and it hurts. Gone now haha.


2. Dr Bronner magic liquid soap-a combination of organic extra virgin coconut, olive, jojoba and hemp oils, together with pure essential oils.
Okay I'm going to be honest, and this is lavendar scented, I hate the smell of lavendar, so I probably won't even use this, I've used another item in this box that I'll get onto in a minute and thats already annoying me haha. I might give this to someone who likes lavendar, unfortunately my mum doesn't like lavendar either so yeah =/
3. Paul Mitchell Round Trip-This liquid curl definer is fast drying for enhanced curls in an instant.
According to the side of the bottle, this makes your hair dry faster and enhances your natural waves. So I'm looking forward to trying this in the morning because I've been using Herbal Essences Tousle me softly, and I've noticed that my hair has more definition in my natural waves, so if this adds even more to that then I'm excited.
4. BM Beauty Pure mineral eyeshadow-award winning pure mineral eyeshadow. Cruelty free and suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
I feel like I'm going to start of a mineral kick after I bought the elf mineral foundation and following that trend I really like this item. I got it in noir, and other people are saying it is matte, but mine has a definite sparkle to it. It has really really minute glitter sparkles in it and I think it'll be so pretty smoked out for a night out. The packaging really does look like a sample though, like one of those travel pots you can buy or you get from a department store. I also like how its cruelty free :D
5. Como Shambala invigorate body lotion-a revitalisng blend of essential oils that puts you in a perfectly uplifted mood.
I got lavendar. So this did not put me in a perfectly uplifted mood. The formula feels very moisturising, but the perfume is so strong it smells disgusting. I might keep it in my bag for when I notice dry patches on my skin (which seems to be happening a lot at the moment, I wish it would warm up a bit). When it soaks in a bit, it smells kind of like a sweet I can't put my finger on, I think it's love hearts. But there's a bizarre blend of lavendar and peppermint with eucalyptus and geranium...never heard of a combo like that before. 


I'm not too sure about this box, especially with the massive difference in the values of boxes, I know it's about trying new things, but you would think they would make it fair amongst everyone. 
In light of this, I've subscribed to another beauty box I haven't heard of before called She Said Beauty, this one is £9 a month plus £2.95 delivery and if you order before the 27th of Feb, you get 25% off of your first box.
Plus unlike the other beauty boxes which are mostly pink or black, this one is turquoise with pink lining :D best combo ever! But I'll blog about that when it arrives at the end of March, I think it's their first box so I'll let you know then!


This is the link to their website:https://www.shesaidbeauty.com/home


Thanks for reading this very long blog post haha
Hayley

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty annoyed. I really hate my box. I think I'll unsubscribe actually... I have high hopes in joliebox now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm to much of a positive thinker because everyone hated the June box last year because it had Batiste in it and then in the box after there was Illamasque and Ciate. So I can't help but think they'll make the next one so much better.
    I thought this box was going to be a bit rubbish anyway because there was only a 2 week or so gap between the jan and feb boxes =/
    I've got high hopes for She Said Beauty, but I sadly missed out on the first box :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the impress nails. I quite liked my box, I do think that Carmine is slightly better though. great blog, new follower.

    X
    poochytails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete